Subject: [Leica] Pentax digital 110
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:54:07 -0500

> Ric,
> Huge at 4" wide? My Pentax 110 is only 3 7/8 inches wide, a mere 3 mm less.
> In fact the volume of the new camera is about the same as the old one.
>
> Mark,
> The Pentax 110 pictures are among the clearest and sharpest of any 110
> camera thanks to the very good array of non-zoom lenses. Of course by the
> time you got a full set of lenses and a motor drive the kit was bigger than
> a Leica IIIf. But the Leica didn't have a SLR finder. I wish 110 film was
> easy to get. I would be still using mine.
> Larry Z

Next to Kodaks disk format 119 is the most notorious format in the history
of photography.
The cartridges was not able to keep the film flat at all it was widely
thought so it was a joke trying to make a worthwhile system for a format
solely invented so you'd pay just as much to Kodak but Kodak would only have
to spend a fraction on silver.
It put photography into the dark ages. Like the Plague. But that's ok becaue
the haircuts and clothing was so bad in the 70's we don't have to look at
it.
What saved photography was the Canon sure shot and then others like it.
35mm film. The fact that it was AF was a side issue really.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_AF35M
Finally a person was able to take a decent snapshot of his family and not
have to hire some shlock photographer to come in and do it.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Pentax digital 110)