Subject: [Leica] M9, lag time, perception and other things
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:55:42 -0600 (CST)
References: <mailman.828.1264667339.73134.lug@leica-users.org> <SNT121-DS228C69F054DBDBF648846DD45C0@phx.gbl> <ee8fa51c1001281525u7ba06c40r354e714788ec8285@mail.gmail.com> <7ac27f4f1001281538t5acd9c8cn2d3b37be043d2c1b@mail.gmail.com> <36172e5a1001281931k6f15ff15j4dbbf7a2e28bb991@mail.gmail.com> <D6E17DF5FA0C4454821CC64C808D0AB9@syneticfeba505> <20100129055819.EAFBF500FBB@barracuda.rutabaga.org> <53B9E7DEA6964B6E8FDE2C472C1FE0F1@syneticfeba505>

Ted,

You're approaching this as a subjective matter, what your experience
is and what it seems like to you.   That's of course completely
legitimate.   But it has been presented as an objective matter of
timing the shutter lag, a matter of milliseconds rather than a matter
of feelings. That, of course, is also entirely legitimate, and is a
different way of approaching it.   The objective approach deals in
observable and measurable facts, not feelings.   So it's not
surprising that conclusions differ.

Robert