Subject: [Leica] M9, lag time, perception and other things
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:07:57 -0600

Quoth the Steve Barbour :

> I suppose that if the "delay" is below some absolute threshold, we
> can't perceive it ....

IIRC the late great Ted Williams claimed to be able to count the
stitches on an incoming world-class fastball.  I can barely even SEE
an incoming fastball except when I'm shooting junior-level teeball.

So I suspect there are huge variations across individuals as to
perception thresholds.  I also suspect that people who have better
reflex/reaction levels will tend to find themselves doing the kind of
work that tests and rewards those... which is why Ted shoots Olympics
and I shoot teeball and am seriously contemplating returning to my
first love - mountains and glaciers. ;>

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] M9, lag time, perception and other things)
Message from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] M9, lag time, perception and other things)