Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Wide Angle 35mm f/2 Biogon T* ZM
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jefffery Smith)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:58:32 -0600

Too much hyperbole on my part, I guess. I gave a talk on the rangefinder
camera to the Louisiana Photographic Society (Baton Rouge) two years ago.
Not one member shot film, and not one member had a film camera as far as I
could see. Not one member had a rangefinder either. All were dSLRs. In town
(which is what I was referring to in my post), fellow photographers Chris
Williams and Dennis Couvillion have converted over to digital primarily
except for the Holga (for Chris). None of the photographers I know at the
college use film anymore. The "Darkroom" just off of Magazine street used to
have a wet darkroom for rent by the hour. He has converted completely to
digital. There is only one lab that I know of in town post-Katrina that does
color processing. And there appears to be only one camera store in the city
(next to Tulane University) that still stocks chemicals. In short, it is not
easy to use film in New Orleans these days. I do stand by the comment that
digital was a taboo subject on the LUG a decade ago. That's why we started
the DUG on Yahoo, so we could discuss digital without being flamed.

Jeffery