Subject: [Leica] New Digital (?) Rangefinder Rumor
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 23:11:49 -0400

> Yeah, but rumors don't cost $7K.  :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Dick

The point is well taken that someone whose done well shooting with M6's in
the 90's and now wants too continue in digital Leica experience but does not
have seven grand to pay for the new M body and is maybe "looking" for
answers. Wants to be delivered from the perhaps impossible load of acquiring
seven grand and then spending it on a camera body.
Maybe Canon will come out with a camera with the rangefinder focusing we
loved with our M's and with real affordable glass or with an adaptor for
your Leica glass? Except we all know that's not going to happen.
The best place to keep us in gear with our Leica shooting is Leica.
And its not rumors we're interested in its announcements from the company.
The problem with looking to Canon or Nikon for our Leica shooting
continuance is that when we go there we are no longer shooting Leica. We are
shooting Canon Nikon. Me I'd rather be shooting Leica. And when I think
"Leica" I don't  think Canon. Or nikon.

I think Leica may come out with an M9s for a bit less money. Modified specs.
Less megapixels.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] New Digital (?) Rangefinder Rumor)