Subject: [Leica] Micro 4/3rds
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 00:07:44 -0400

Ok you both know what you're talking about and are disagreeing about what
compromises seem most favorable to you and your shooting. So here's a
question: Canon was advertising somewhere recently about how the IS is *in
the lens* where it "ought to be".  I.e., they were turning the possible
marketing problem of not having it in their cameras into a bragging point.

So if you don't like it in the lens, why *not *have it in the camera (Doug)?

And if you like it why can't it be in the camera instead (Henning)?

What was Canon's point in the ad? (I mean what's that general argument
about? Clearly some comapnies/designers think it's best to put it in the
lenses and others are putting it in the cameras... What does this imply?))

Thanks ! you guys are a treasury of good solid well thought out information.

Vince