Subject: [Leica] M9 Availability and backlog implications.......
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:50:15 +1000

Frank, a spot on someone's list is not the same as paying a deposit or full
payment up front. Very common I would think, that people are on multiple
lists. Those aren't orders.  Up to each dealer of course. I would think that
most have a certain amount of stock on order of which they may get some from
each new distribution. Then the dealer decides which customers to supply
first. Customer One says no, my parrot needs  orthodontic work, so Customer
Two gets a call etc. It would be a pretty confident/well funded dealer to
ignore the mutliple list factor and assume that everyone on their list will
buy a camera from them. There do seem to be single cameras now popping up
where no customer was waiting.
 I think that Leica USA said recently that they are back ordered for 6 or 7
months.

Good luck with the rebates caused by excess M9 inventory in 2010 ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman