Subject: [Leica] Drobo
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:20:43 +0100

I have been off the LUG for a couple of weeks on holiday and just picked
this up. Drobo Dashboard software is pretty well the only software I have
which causes problems on my Mac. I have deleted it and, apart from not
seeing a pie chart of how much space is left, everything seems to work much
better and faster... I was on the third version since I bought my Drobo, the
first was hopeless causing the computer to hang all the time and preventing
booting up with the drobo plugged in (I had to boot then plug the Drobo in,
which worked but was irritationg) the next version worked OK and the latest
causes all sorts of problems, worst of the lot so far.
This does not say much about the Drobo on a PC, but it says lots (IMHO at
least) about the competence of the Drobo programmers.
I hope there is no longer term problem running without the dashboard.
Frank

Replies: Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] Drobo)
Message from john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel) ([Leica] Drobo)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Drobo)