Subject: [Leica] Drobo
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:30:31 -0400

Frank,

Never played with Drobo but if I was the Drobo programmer/program manager,
the internal health status of Drobo should be shown in the dashboard. Idiot
LEDs are great but not everyone looks at them especially if they are stuck
in a closet.

As for programmer competency, that is another can of worms altogether.

Tina,

If you get another NAS unit, try a different brand. Brian et al had good
experience with ReadyNAS (I think). I am using FreeNAS on custom built
system so I won't recommend mine.

Regards,
Spencer

Message from john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel) ([Leica] Drobo)