Subject: [Leica] I shattered the sensor glass; mea culpa
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 22:52:26 +1000

Peter it is a lot of money and you have to decide. You can be confident
about the checkup and warranty.  On receipt the first thing they do after
booking it in is test everything to assess just what work is required (and
tell you if any additional work needed) and the warranty on the whole camera
afterwards is their policy. You may find too that the sensor (calibration of
positioning) adjustment is better than your original. They have learnt there
from the first M8s and refined their processes further. Andrea is very good
and I'm sure that she will answer any questions you have. Ask Tina or Lluis
as well about their recent work on their M8s.
German customs clearance may potentially lengthen the time away after they
turn your camera around. I have no reason to doubt the Japanese Leica
service people, just no personal experience there.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman