Subject: [Leica] Macro
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:58:16 -0500

That's a constant problem for any macro kit,
and any and all macro techniques;
whether wind or the whims of the butterflys.

While you're saving for the 90
try putting your M9/viso on a mono pod.
It can make a huge difference
in reducing one of the many moving parts
of the macro moment.

My gitzo mono pod has a small shoulder stock on my right shoulder
an adjustable shoulder strap (pulled taught) behind my left shoulder
and the collapsed pod stuck in my lap or gut
creating an amazing, highly mobile "tri-pod" effect.

The real trick for moving macro subjects
is to use your own movement forward and back for the focusing.
Attempting to focus with ring or bellows,
while you're also moving through space,
and while the critter's also flittering about,
and the flower's blowing in the wind,
is next to impossible
(no matter what kit you're using).

Regards,