Subject: [Leica] Used M9 prices
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 12:00:08 -0400

There was one listed, new in box, on Craig's List for $2125.  I e-mailed the
guy and got this response:

Hello,
First let me apologize for delay reply.The camera is brand new in original
box with warranty and all standard accessories included.
The camera will be shipped from Tennessee but so i can enlarge my
perspectives, i listed it on numerous states
Because of my work i`m not able for a face to face transaction ( i must
travel the most of my time trough all USA )
I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right away.
Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to
make sure we receive what we are after.
Since my time is limited my suggestion is to end this deal trough eBay Buyer
Protection ( http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html )
With this procedure you will be able to check the item before I receive the
payment, eBay will manage the transaction for me.
The only thing that i request from you is to send the payment to eBay  but
no money will reach my account until the camera is inspected by you ( No
offense, but I need to be sure the person who receives the camera is
verified by a legitimate party).
You will have 5 ( five ) days as inspection period.
If by any reason the item is not as described, or if you find any problems
with it I will pay for the returning fees. I'm sure it won't be the case
because it's a brand new item in box .
I apologize if it seems like I'm pushing on this deal but I really want to
be sure everything is clarified before any further steps.
So if you are still interested please reply and i will e-mail you more
details.
Thank you

It sounds very suspicious to me so I didn't follow up.  If anybody wants to,
let me know the outcome!!

Tina

--
Tina Manley, ASMP