Subject: [Leica] more on the Earl Brooks vs. AA negatives
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:43:26 -0500

  You have dashed my hopes, Mark :).  I thought that if one of my
digital prints sold for, say, $25 I could get 5X that for a silver print
:).   Maybe more framed :).  Of course, first I have to get one of my
digital prints to sell for anything other than a donation to a charity
auction (there my prints have sold for as much as $500, where there was
an open bar and good whiskey and designated drivers, a lesson learned by
me where I have bought jewelry for my wife and gotten the look the next
morning....).   I can somewhat see reprints of the EW negs, since those
were contact prints where there is not a lot of manipulation available.
An AA print, I don't know.  The thing AA reprints have is that so many
of them were done by his assistants anyway.  Re music, wouldn't it be
great to somehow hear Bach playing the Goldberg Variations to compare to
Glen Gould?  Dream on.  I have both sets of the Schnabel recordings of
the Beethoven 32 sonatas and they trump any later recordings IMHO.  I
wonder how L.V.'s would have fared?

Ken

>>> http://www.imagist.com/blog