Subject: [Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 46, Issue 123
From: bs.pearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:14:46 -0500

and I'm very interested in your thoughts on the rights &
responsibilities of the person in the Photomat booth (so to speak) --
at what point can or should they put their foot down and say "I'm not
printing this trash."
I'm sorry I waited to read some back digests to feel like I've wasted time
on a saturday afternoon, but...
The printer has every LEGAL right to refuse the business, but remember,
there is a huge difference between moral and legal, although in america far
too many believe what's legal is also always moral. I was not too surprised
to hear the printer was in Texas, butmy first thought was the old phrase
"banned in Boston."

If that phot with a bit of tasty nipple is too much for their morality, then
they need to stick to printing stuff for the Texas Baptists. Otherwise, this
is crap. The guy running the press isn't an artist. At best, he's a highly
skilled craftsman, at worst, he's a toothless hillbilly or a slack-jawed
yokel. Have we sunk so far that those are the people making our judgements
for us?

Shut up and print the damn thing, you already look like a fool.

Nice photo, though, Kyle.

Bill Pearce

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 46, Issue 123)