Subject: [Leica] IMGs: add'l Global Union esp (kyle jayanand)
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:12:58 -0400

I was very lucky to see shankar, rakha, and khan several times in the '60s
and '70s as they were popular ambassadors to the hippy generation.

they frequently played rock festivals and even UNC when i was a freshman

my first live experience with them was a workshop/seminar in gerard hall
there, an early 19th century auditorium that seated just a couple of
hundred. snowed like hell that night and i walked more than a mile to see
them

they played a larger hall (memorial) in full perfromance the next night

also saw them at woodstock and atlanta pop festivals

saw them again in memorial hall last year when shankar appeared with
daughter anoushka

anoushka and norah jones certainly prove that his talent for producing
beautiful daughters nearly matches his playing genius

ric