Subject: [Leica] Magnum documentary on Chernobyl
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 12:20:08 -0800

Bob Shaw offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Magnum documentary on Chernobyl

>>>Yesterday heard yet another newly-elected US Congressman talk about a
>>>"Victory" in Afghanistan as the only solution.  He was criticizing
>>>Obama's 4 more years then out, which is yet another extension.

Exactly what victory was this poor fool thinking about?<<<<

Hi Bob,
Most politicians have no idea the effects of the disasters of war, Mother
Nature and many other unkindly unto man things that take place. They fly
over the scene, the media make a big thing out of it with all kinds of BS.
Politician lands, get's in chauffer driven vehicle, drives off for a nice
comfy lunch!  "And I've done my job for the day showing the voters I care."
BS!

Voters on the other hand assume the SOB is really going to get things
cracking quickly! Little do they know he's asking the driver to go quickly
and get me out of this place! With no more thought than what the media have
created and he has BS'd the TV cameras in fiction!

However, I think there "might be, maybe????" Although I have said this
before and been quite frankly WRONG!

We humans who pay taxes to keep these so called "good caring politicians in
the cushy jobs they have!"  Might be... Now that's a very tough call
question/statement. WHY? Quite simple really, because so many "voters" put
the same dimwits back in power time after time! Yet curse the same
politician later for not doing what he said..... "which in the manner it was
offered wasn't humanly possible in a reasonable time frame."

Maybe a form of re-call to throw him out or keep him on the dole? If any
politician who speaks crap! They might tell the truth, than always trying to
make their image look great!

There will never be a so called "Victory in Afghanistan" in our lifetime
despite all the political BS from every corner of the world! War and
shooting, killing Afghanis' isn't going to make it become a "western style"
democracy! And Western world soldiers, aid workers are killed! No matter how
much money is wastefully poured into the place (that is as long as the
corrupt gang so called government are running the shop!)

 Not to forget the thousands of locals killed in the name of creating a free
society. Yep there are many very fine folks working their butt ends off to
try and make it a safe place for all, unfortunately no matter how hard they
try to do that.......... it isn't going to happen in their or our life time!
:-(

And today before a politician can take his or her seat in the governing
building, they should have to put in a 3 month tour on the frontlines. Sure
weed out the simpletons amoung them! Then maybe they'd speak the truth, than
the idiocy of these present day morons.

OK that's it, somewhat rant over.

cheers,
ted