Subject: [Leica] Making a living as a photographer
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 19:19:15 -0600

On 12/5/2010 6:06 PM, Marc Dufour wrote:
> When I take my camera, it's just to enjoy photography. Pure pleasure.
> And, sometimes, I even can use the result in my job as a graphic
> designer;-)
> When something you love turns into a job, it stops being fun after a while,
> for a vast majority, in most professions. It's true you can expect some
> satisfaction, time to time. But only a few privileged pros can say
> otherwise.
> An amateur has no more pressure than his own demand.
> The matter isn't about photography.
> It's about job or pleasure.
> Cheers,
> Marc

Amen.  I could not have said it better.  I would pay if necessary to
enjoy this avocation, especially since the advent of the internet and
all the insights and friends that result.  On the rare occasion when
someone responds to one of my prints, I am happy to make one for them.
I just ask that they make a donation to a charity in an amount they
think appropriate.  Once that resulted in a very substantial donation at
a charity auction, but as I somewhat  recall whiskey was involved.

Ken

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Making a living as a photographer)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Making a living as a photographer)
Message from foto at marcdufour.net (Marc Dufour) ([Leica] Making a living as a photographer)