Subject: [Leica] PESO - Wellington 5th Feb
From: john at chiaroscuro.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 10:53:10 +1300

This is one of the busiest days in the year for Wellington, the Rugby 7s is
held and it is hugely popular. 35,000 tickets sell out in about 3 minutes,
it is unique in the world series (and not only for selling all tickets) as
it has become an excuse to party!! Fancy dress is the norm, usually as a
group of similarly or sympathetically themed costumes.
e.g. http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/4614558/Sights-of-the-Sevens-2011

Needless to say, all the bars in Wellington expect to make a huge turnover
during this time and the crowds do not disappoint. New Zealand had got to
the final so most of the crowd were still in the stadium at this time. There
were huge spaces with few people in them and bored staff, things would be
different just over an hour later after NZ had won the final....

Probably cannot read the signs on these guys, "infectious substances"
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Chiaroscuro/Misc/Infectious.jpg.html

This was taken at 20:47 and the bars are open until 06:00......
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Chiaroscuro/Misc/BeyondHere.jpg.html

The reason we were there was that the Sea Shepherd was coming into port to
resupply. There were a smallish group of supporters (my partner has become
one) waiting to welcome them...

Stand By To Ram!
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Chiaroscuro/Sea_Shepherd/PrepareToRam.jpg.h
tml

All in line, I know I concentrated on the NZ flag rather than their feet ;-)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Chiaroscuro/Sea_Shepherd/AllInLine.jpg.html

john

Leica M9, 50mm f1.4 asph

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] PESO - Wellington 5th Feb)