Subject: [Leica] Manhattan Harbor
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:31:02 -0500

On Mar 15, 2011, at 4:33 AM, Frank Dernie wrote:

> Being stupid, incompetent and/or greedy isn't illegal. The removal of the
> financial controls put in place after the crash last century was all these
> things too.
> I stick to my conjecture of stupidity. I -do- think it was calculated
> greed, and I do think they knew it would allow them to accumulate cash
> faster but I also think they were either insufficiently well educated, or
> insufficiently clever to think through what they were doing adequately.
> It seems nobody who was involved, in banks or government, had a
> sufficiently logical scientific mind.

Sorry Frank I can't follow your line of thinking.
The greedy who removed financial controls certainly were not "stupid" or
"incompetent."
They new that removal of regulation would satisfy their greed for wealth and
power.
It worked as intended.

Stupid - in terms of long term health of the economy - yes.
Though they obviously have no concern for the long term health of local,
state, national or global economies.
They intend to grab what they can when they ca

Behavior without conscience, concern or compassion can be called
sociopathic; not stupid or incompetent.

I have to assume that you assume that the bankers and politicians actually
"care" about people, places and things other than their own accumulation of
wealth and power.
I believe that's a dangerous and false assumption in the vast majority of
cases.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com