Subject: [Leica] IMG: Foothill Park
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 22:44:45 -0700
References: <747098.9554.qm@web82101.mail.mud.yahoo.com> <BD38DC430E434F79B63832050B44DA53@jimnichols> <BANLkTinCi_aYvnyQwfM+g=DF=yB+4gFX4Q@mail.gmail.com> <73337DCD-F5D6-473E-8D88-47F701682A26@yahoo.com> <BANLkTi=FSkpi_ohAbE0OniE6JSZQ0C_OZw@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTi=+M1BLnkM8Lv96PF2V3uYRUq2dHg@mail.gmail.com> <445631.37765.qm@web82101.mail.mud.yahoo.com> <45483E93-FFE8-494A-B02C-6DEAFE743F3F@mac.com> <BANLkTim36en9bKRqCLbhAy-KX6MFHH+3Zw@mail.gmail.com>

Here's how I asked the same question on another forum:

"I'm having difficulty figuring out a focusing problem and would appreciate
any suggestions.

I use a Hassy Flexbody with a P45+. When I use an 80mm or larger lens the
image circle is large enough to allow me to use the full rise/fall range of
the Flex. So putting the P45 on with sensor horizontally allows me to do one
exposure with the rear standard at full rise and one at full fall position
and stitch. So far, so good

Now here's where I get messed up. If I want to use tilt to get near/far for
the entire stitched image, I think I have to focus and tilt when the back is
in full rise position (for near objects) and then refocus and re-tilt when
it's in the full fall position (for far objects). Or, do I only need to use
tilt when I'm in the full rise position (on the nearer objects) and no tilt
focusing, but do refocus for distance, when in the full fall position (on
the far objects)."

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Bob

Bob Adler
http://www.rgaphoto.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Foothill Park)