Subject: [Leica] HCB negative
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 23:49:24 -0700

I'm not sure what you were measuring, but on the frame shown here:

http://www.ethertongallery.com/html/specialprojects/negative/details/6.htm

we're talking about a negative with the sprockets cut off on one side.

35mm double perforated film has 8 sprocket holes per 24x36 frame,
exactly. This frame is 8 sprocket holes long. The other sprocket
holes are cut off. It might be a dupe, but it was shot on double
perforated film and the sprockets were later cut off on one side. If
it were a larger image, shot on single perforated film and this were
the whole piece of film the image would be more than 8 sprocket holes
long.