Subject: [Leica] Buy your new Leica lens now
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:10:11 +0530

They have raised PE money from Blackstone mainly to 'expand', i.e.open
Leica stores, in Emerfing Markets, mainly China for the time being. This is
why prices are going up in my view - Blackstone wants to maximise profits
in the short to medium term so that exit would not be an issue - so to this
end they are starting to price the product, not at what can sustain sales
over a long period, but at what the market can bear right now. As for the
long term implications, as Keynes pointed out long ago, in the long term we
are all dead.(-:
Cheers
Jayanand