Subject: [Leica] Buy your new Leica lens now
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 19:04:18 +1000

As far as I recall Leica has regularly reviewed their prices every year for
ages and we have always seen those incremental rises. Paying more for
premium goods hurts of course but I understand existing orders are not
affected. I guess the side effect is increasing value for what you have.
I did the exercise with a calculator. The average price increase is not
quite 7%. I don't know inflation or material or labour or distributions
costs or development costs or market price differences or any of those
factors. I don't think that 7% is very surprising though. I dare say that
Leica Camera is not the only premium brand to see annual price reviews but
the web discussions seem to be full of theories on gouging and company
explosions etc etc etc.

Cheers
Geoff

*Lighting- eyes- action*