Subject: [Leica] External storage
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 04:04:42 +0100

Phil,

Thank you for your advice, I've been intendig repair the disc and I
can't. Now I was just looking for a new disc.

Why do you recomend use the new disc for the Time Machine back up?, in
my latest disc purchases I've always used the new disc as the working
photo library and I used the "old" for Time Machine.

My actual configuration is a Western Digital of 1,5 Tb as photo
library, busy 50%, a Lacie 1Tb for Time Machine with the entire backup
of my computer , on my Hard drive of the Mac I have only used 60 GB of
300 where I keep applications and other things.

The WD unit is very slow and maybe I was considering go to a Firewire
unit for the photo library and use the WD for Time Machine, and as you
do,  once formated, do an extra backup in the repared Lacie unit.

Do you think I'm correct?

But even so I've found non expensive external storage that I think
better than have two extra copies to avoid some risc that could happen
at home, I found this quite interesting:

http://www.livedrive.com/ForHome/Briefcase

Thank you very much again,

cheers
Lluis

El 19/11/2011, a las 3:20, Philip Leeson escribi?: