Subject: [Leica] Broken and Broke
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:52:55 -0800

My MF back is on it's way to Denmark for a new piece of glass for on top of
it's sensor. It apparently got scratched and I have no idea how...

My cat got caught up in my Canon 5DMkII strap and pulled it off the
counter. Landed on the edge of the lens (24-105) which doesn't extend
anymore and the camera sensor/bayonet mount/who-knows-what-else is
completely out of alignment. Both will be garbage bound. I already sent the
lens into Canon a year and a half or so ago and they charged me $800 to fix
it. That was just to fix the fact that when I held the camera lens pointing
down the zoom extended with just the pull of gravity. Who knows what they
would charge for this or if would ever be really right..

So it's all broke and so am I...
No images until the MF back comes back. I don't know what I'm going to do
for a 35....

Sympathy appreciated ;-)
Bob

--