Subject: [Leica] High Rez Bergdorf's window
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 18:55:35 +0100

Le 14 d?c. 11 ? 18:26, Mark Rabiner a ?crit :

> The original st 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-D had a good rep among
> photographers
> it was replaced in 2003 by the  24-120mm f/3.5-5.6 VR  which had a bad
> reputation. It was soft had a huge amount of fall off and the first
> generation VR did not work all that great.

Agreed that's mine :-(

On top of this, when you come from Leica or Oly, you'll inevitably
find it distorts so badly that it hurts, and in an unpredictable way...
I had had one such Nikon zoom, 35-70 it was, and I was so happy when
the Angenieux came in.

Some shots can be sharp though, as unpredictably, and I may probably
get better results on the D700 than any film I have scanned to this day.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/A+Henri-4799.jpg.html
(perspectives and distortion limited thanks to LR, sharpness up one or
two clicks)

Bien cordialement de Metz
Philippe