Subject: [Leica] Photographic Freedom
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:18:04 -0800

While I agree that some restrictions are ludicrous because they will not do
anything to protect the citizenry, you have to admit that the powers that be
are between a rock and a hard place.  If the do nothing and something
happens they are seen as every bit as guilty as if they do too much.  And to
them, the price of doing nothing is more serious than doing something.
Everybody is "Monday morning quarterbacked" them to death.  I think they are
mostly sincere in trying to prevent some tragedy in this present world wide
situation but sometimes do clearly, from other's standpoint, go overboard
and this must be pointed out to them.  I would like to give the majority of
them the benefit of the doubt and think that their intention is not control
of the citizenry, but protection, even if misguided.

Aram