Subject: [Leica] leica m10
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 13:42:06 -0800

Phil.... Why a separate and large battery pack?  Why not just carry a spare
or 2 and switch out the battery as required?

My batteries last at least 250 exposures... without chimping.  My Cards are
4 GB, and the capacity is about 400 exposures ( M8).  Switching out
batteries is not a big deal...

In my best days, I have never shot 400 (amateur) images in one day.......I
am sure someone will say they regularly shoot 2K pictures a day, or more....
that ain't me nor most people I know.... and especially not the oligarchs
Leica is currently courting.....

If you wanted a bigger camera grip than the plain body, I could understand
putting something of user value in there, like a battery pack....but
otherwise, weight, size and overall usability for the main customer base
would not require it.....

If they did make up a big battery pack "down there", put inside a tertiary
processor (M9 speak)  to speed up stuff like image manipulation, storage,
faster writing, or best of all, noise cancellation!

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

I think the best upgrade would be an accessory, not unlike the Leicavit, in
which extended battery life could be gotten from.

But THIS is what we need, for existing M8 and M9 bodies, not an M10.

Phil Forrest

Message from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] leica m10)
Message from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest) ([Leica] leica m10)