Subject: [Leica] OT (very) The Great Prostate Debate: Does Screening Save Lives?: Scientific American
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 17:49:08 -0700

The problem with testing is that quite often you find things that can only
be actually tested with a biopsy or more invasive surgery. The human body is
full of tissue anomalies -- you should see the size of my nose! Most of
anomalies turn out to be benign, however, biopsies and surgeries bring there
own risks so, yes, you can easily end up where testing is causing more harm
than good. As with many of life's issues and problems, there just isn't an
easy answer.

For me the question that always springs to mind is, why are we all so afraid
of death? It's pretty much the only sure thing going. Relax, given our
hunter/gatherer roots, we were really only meant to last into our thirties
tops.

John

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] OT (very) The Great Prostate Debate: Does Screening Save Lives?: Scientific American)
Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] OT (very) The Great Prostate Debate: Does Screening Save Lives?: Scientific American)