Subject: [Leica] OT (very) The Great Prostate Debate: Does Screening Save Lives?: Scientific American
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 19:48:12 -0600

On Feb 8, 2012, at 6:49 PM, John Collier <jbcollier at shaw.ca> wrote:

> The human body is full of tissue anomalies -- you should see the size of
> my nose!

Anecdote (with little relevance to this prostate discussion):
My father was diagnosed as having a "fist sized tumor" on his spleen.
The diagnosis caused him to contemplate suicide (his best friend luckily
confided to me - telling me to get the guns out of the house).
The surgery was scheduled.
The surgeon came out and told us that dad had a "misshaped spleen."

We were naturally relieved.
Then quite angry.

Dad died nearly 20 years later, at 82, of pancreatic cancer.

In reply to: Message from john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell) ([Leica] OT (very) The Great Prostate Debate: Does Screening Save Lives?: Scientific American)
Message from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] OT (very) The Great Prostate Debate: Does Screening Save Lives?: Scientific American)