Subject: [Leica] OT (very) The Great Prostate Debate: Does ScreeningSave Lives?: Scientific American
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 18:28:51 -0800

Nor do I, Steve.  I was surprised that on my last physical last summer, my
doctor did not do a PSA test, and we discussed this very issue.  Perhaps,
what has been stated in SA, and other places, continue testing, but delay of
treatment, might be the best compromise.  After all, if you test positive
for a four or five years, yet have no symptoms, them maybe that is the time
to look into it more carefully. After all if you have no symptoms, then
according to the new trend of thought, you would not be tested, so delaying
any follow up on a positive test is almost the same thing.  I think I will
ask for the PSA test this year and then have that discussion with my doctor.

Aram