Subject: [Leica] Benro Copyright...
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:14:31 +0200

The case described by Peter is different from the garden-variety copying of
features you describe. According to Peter, Benro had an agreement for some
kind of joint venture with Gitzo. So Gitzo gave them the design, following
which Benro broke off the agreement and just copied the design. That is
theft, pure and simple (nothing to do with copyright, BTW, the IP right here
is design). I assume Gitzo was unable to pursue it in Chinese courts, given
the nature of that country's legal system.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain