Subject: [Leica] Leica Monochrome
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 16:06:14 -0700

I'm really intrigued. I'll be fascinated to see some real image examples.

What's the real bit-depth for the sensor?

If shot side-by-side with an M9 how do the images compare?

I strongly suspect that if Leica has its name behind it then the sensor and
the images will be pretty damn sweet.

There's a huge difference between taking the sensor pattern for color and
manufacturing a B&W image and making a B&W image directly from ONLY the
luminance data. It's a non-trivial difference. Because you can do something
like it in Photoshop doesn't mean that the final result will be the same.

I find this really appealing although at the very boundary of my
affordability. Luckily all my glass will work with it and at the designed
focal length.

It's more attractive to me than an M9. My M8 is still a happily working
camera and I don't expect that to change.

It's really all about the images. Ted should have one NOW.

Adam

Replies: Reply from lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz) ([Leica] Leica Monochrome)
Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Leica Monochrome)