Subject: [Leica] FS: Still up for sale. 35 Lux, 50/1.2 Canon, UV/IR filters
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 13:14:24 -0400

I'm willing to accept fair offers on the lenses. Also willing to accept
trade offers for some of the items at the bottom of the ad.

**********************

For Sale:
Early V2 Leica 35mm Summilux with infinity lock.
Lens was purchased just over a year ago from Camera Collectibles.

The focusing helicoid is smooth but has just a tiny bit more damping than
necessary.

Focus is spot on.

The optics have a very small amount of haze visible if you shine a bright
light through the lens. It still looks remarkably clear even though one can
detect the haze. There is also some dust but it's not bad. No fungus or
fungus etching.

Front element has some coating marks but no scratches.

Exterior of the lens is in good condition. Small amount of paint loss on the
barrel where the focusing barrel moves into the fixed lens mount barrel with
the focus and DOF scale marks. My description is worse than the lens appears.

Aperture blades show a very small amount of brightness but no oil. They are
accurate and have good positive clicks.

Included are a proper Leica black alloy front cap, rear (modern) plastic cap
and a well used 12504 hood.

Aside from my Super Angulon, this is my favorite lens and it is
heartbreaking to get rid of it.

Asking $2100 which includes insured shipping in CONUS.

*******************************

Also for sale:
The earliest known sample of the Canon 50mm f/1.2 LTM lens with OEM hood. I
emailed Peter Kitchingman about this serial number and he said that to his
knowledge it is the lowest serial number in the world of this sample owned
by a shooter.

The lens renders incredibly. This was as close to a Noctilux as I'll ever
get and I couldn't have been happier.

Front element has some coating marks and some wear which can't be described
as scratches but are greater than cleaning marks on the coating. There
appears to be a very fine scratch very close to the edge of the front
element.

No haze internally. There is a small amount of dust.

Focus is dead on according to my M9 and I've not ever noticed any focus
shift.

Aperture blades are clean but show a very small amount of oil
stopped all the way down. Aperture clicks positively and not too tight.

Helicoid is beautifully damped throughout the focusing range and it is
perfectly smooth through the 180 degree rotation. Infinity stop works
beautifully and is smooth enough to almost not be felt when it works.

Cosmetically only the black anodized barrel has marks on it but they aren't
deep or ugly. The chrome bits of the lens are immaculate.

The rare OEM hood is a user though it is not dented. When I purchased it the
grub screws that held in the clamp spring were missing allowing the hood to
slip off easily. I put on a small amount of rubber cement inside the clamp
and spring and attached it to a 55mm filter ring sans-glass. Hood is on
quite firmly now and is removable from the lens by
unscrewing instead of by the clamp. If the buyer were so inclined, it
shouldn't be hard to locate the original screws and bring the clamp back to
its original operational spec but this is a not-so-pretty user so I don't
think anyone would really bother.

Even though this lens is 1/4 the value of the Summilux, it pains me just as
much to let it go because of its unique nature.

Rear LTM black anodized cap included.

Asking $550 for lens and hood. Price includes insured shipping in CONUS.

*****************************

Make me a fair offer on the following:

UV/IR filter - B W 486 52mm chrome Digital Pro filter in B W case. Optically
perfect.

UV/IR filter - B W 486 49mm black filter that I ground down the threads for
use inside the hood of the 21mm Super Angulon f/3.4. Optically excellent. A
few extremely fine coating marks.

Canon 13.5cm viewfinder. This is the cylindrical heavy chrome type from the
Serenar lens days. Finder is in excellent condition both optically and
cosmetically. Parallax dial works smoothly and is not loose. There are a few
hairs' widths of black paint loss from the exit pupil but one
has to look to notice. No scratches or haze but there is a small amount of
dust.

Heavystar 46mm vented angled hood.

Kipon LTM-M adapter - 6 bit coded. In excellent condition except this is
coded as a WATE (010000) as I was using it on my CV 15mm. NOTE: This adapter
is one that causes the lens to rotate about 20 degrees off-axis
counterclockwise when looking at the front of the lens on-camera. It will
not work with tabbed intermediate focusing cams such as those on the 8.5 and
10.5cm Nikkors or the 13.5cm Hektor.

Ernst Leitz 5cm LTM-M adapter. In excellent condition but this one has a
factory engraving of 11249 on the front and 1159 on the rear which I've
never seen before. This is only for sale with or after the Canon 50/1.2
sells.

Additional photos of other items available on request.

I may consider trading the above items for:
50mm Summilux V2
50mm Summarit f/2.5
50mm Rigid Summicron or V3 Cron
50mm Canon f/1.4