Subject: [Leica] 50AA: What does it mean for film users? Now tripod use
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 20:19:40 -0400

Maybe it's just me but I use my Leica and other miniature format
cameras for hand held portability. If I'm beholden to a tripod in the
quest of a sharp photo, I'm using 4x5. I just think that Leicas and
35mm-ish cameras are made for their portability, regardless of the
sharpness of film, a lens or whatnot.
Yes, tripods improve technical aspects of a photo but life moves and
capturing life is what Leicas do best, in my opinion. Rarely do daily
activities of people and animals, or even plants on a windy day, slow
down long enough to use a tripod.

Phil Forrest