Subject: [Leica] OK some real photos
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:51:16 +0000

Here's a somewhat controversial thought: do we waste far too high a
percentage of our lives worrying about these slight differences between how
images look on one monitor or another, and in PS, LR, or the LG? (And I am
talking about slight differences.) Consider two things: first, no matter how
you processed your images, and how carefully your monitors are calibrated,
dozens, if not tens of thousands of people will be seeing them on monitors
whose calibration is utterly unrelated to yours. And second, in the days of
prints, every time we moved the print six feet, and the mix of, and level of
light changed, the "calibration" changed. So perhaps the thing to do -
unless you are having major calibration problems, is calibrate the
monitor(s) once every whatever, and then just forget about it. Just a
thought.
Typed with big fingers on tiny keys