Subject: [Leica] OK some real photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:18:02 -0700

B. D. Colen OFFERED;
Subject: Re: [Leica] OK some real photos

> Here's a somewhat controversial thought: do we waste far too high a
> percentage of our lives worrying about these slight differences between
> how images look on one monitor or another, and in PS, LR, or the LG? (And
> I am talking about slight differences.) Consider two things: first, no
> matter how you processed your images, and how carefully your monitors are
> calibrated, dozens, if not tens of thousands of people will be seeing them
> on monitors whose calibration is utterly unrelated to yours. And second,
> in the days of prints, every time we moved the print six feet, and the mix
> of, and level of light changed, the "calibration" changed. So perhaps the
> thing to do - unless you are having major calibration problems, is
> calibrate the monitor(s) once every whatever, and then just forget about
> it. Just a thought.<<<<<<

Hi BD,
Me old friend well offered!  As far as I'm concerned with digital
images/computer screens of varying sizes from small, semi-big, bigger and
monsters! None calibrated all at the same time, same location, same ambient
light, screen maker and each of our eye balls as we look at any  screen!

Every one of them show an image looking "different!" I don't mean in mega
difference, lots of little variations that create whining messages beyond
the wildest numbers simply because all this electronic stuff creates
"OVER-TECHIE FOLKS"  rather than a bunch of guys and gals looking at one
paper print all at the same time! Same location, same light etc.

My method is my own old simple manner.... It comes on screen and everything
is auto fix - click!

If it looks cool or better than right out of the camera it stays. I don't
fiddle, or so little it's all eye ball. If when I click "Auto-Colour" and it
goes crappy looking? I go back to original and 99% of the time it stays like
that  and folks pay my Gallery Agent a fine dollar for them.

I smile and say a prayer! Simply because it's all about the "KISS THEORY OF
LIFE!" :-) Just got to love it! :-)

Screen to screen constant comparing?????? Dang near a complete waste of your
time. What's important is??????

"That the screen in front of you is the most important and to hell with all
the others!"

cheers,
Dr. ted
Oh and the techie folk are going to have me for lunch!!! ;-) :-)

Message from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] OK some real photos)