Subject: [Leica] How about this one?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 14:22:20 -0500

On Jun 10, 2012, at 12:47 PM, philippe.amard wrote:

> I fully subscribe to what Jayanand wrote, and IMHO there is no such thing
> as " a neutral mindset". Even without making "judgemental decisions", you
> are the result of your education and culture, and choose to show what YOU
> think is "valuable". Think that even the choice of angle or FL do matter,
> composition; should I leave that severed foot out of the picture or not...
>
> In that respect, this is why photography is an Art, bringing to others
> what YOU saw, not another photog. You're a mediator between a reality and
> others' consciousness.
> I don't think I'm wrong on that one, for a change my dear friend :-(

I don't believe that "objective journalism" refers to some bland
"neutrality."
Objective means (to me):
acute observation
research both (or all) sides
multiple sources for data presented
solid critical thinking
avoidance of "propaganda"

I can't imagine "not" having a point a view and/or opinion about that which
I observe in the world.
Further - I hope that the personal style and perspectives of writers,
photographers, artists and journalists come through in their work.
I have little interest in laundry list reporting.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com