Subject: [Leica] "The Puddle Jumper" / Re: How about this one?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 04:15:04 -0400

I think the crux  of the issue is do street shooters interact with their
subjects or are they ciphers who blend into the wall paper and never say a
word and I think its mainly the former.
If it turned out the puddle jump was the fifth take it would not ruin it for
me as the truth of the moment goes. It has the puddle jumpers idea to make
the jump in the first place it would be no big deal to me for him to do it
again to make sure the photographer got the shot.
Which was the exact thing which happened in the Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima
shot by Joe Rosenthal. First it really happened. Then Joe Rosenthal had them
redo it. Maybe he left his lens cap on the first time. But nobody cares. I
don't. Threes enough "truth" in it for me and everybody.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raising_the_Flag_on_Iwo_Jima

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/