Subject: [Leica] "The Puddle Jumper" / Re: How about this one? Now Suribachi flag
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 14:58:59 -0400

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 04:15:04 -0400
Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:

"Which was the exact thing which happened in the Raising the Flag on
Iwo Jima shot by Joe Rosenthal. First it really happened. Then Joe
Rosenthal had them redo it. Maybe he left his lens cap on the first
time. But nobody cares. I don't. Threes enough "truth" in it for me and
everybody."

Easy there, Mark. Rosenthal didn't do anything but snap the photo. He
didn't have "them redo it" at all. He was just heading to the top of
the hill as the second flag was raised.

The event is sacred to the Marines and the Navy so we like people to
get it right when they repeat it.

Phil Forrest

--
http://philipforrestphoto.wordpress.com/