Subject: [Leica] Why Leica is opening up so many stores
From: douglasnygren at yahoo.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 05:45:19 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,I don't take issue with you. I like Leica, but I find its leap in
prices to have crossed a price/value line for me.?You write, "Some people
appreciate having and using the best and with finance it anyway?they can."I
would not go into debt for a Leica, especially given its entry into the
digital where the newest greatest is passe in months. In comparison, the M6
had a long shelf life. How long was the M8s? The M8.2? The M9's will be how
long? ?
This is a personal choice. Others will feel otherwise. Leica is banking that
there is a market for their now very expensive photographic tools. Their
market research backs them up. They have lost me, however, as a prospective
customer for the next M and their redesigned lenses. Price does not meet
value in my eyes.?
You mentioned the X2. Compared to the Fuji, that might be the better choice.
If you buy an Xpro and a lens, you probably will have spent more than you
would have on an X2. The lens of the X1 was superb, but the camera itself
wasn't. If Leica has gotten rid of the X1's problems, it might be a good
choice. If Leica does that consistently, they will do fine.
BTW, I like your work. Your photos have a lot of resonance with me. I enjoy
looking at them. I hope your recovery is going well.
Best--Doug

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Why Leica is opening up so many stores)