Subject: [Leica] A few storms (Aram Langhans)
From: kingfisher at halcyon.com (Larry Bullis)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 07:04:08 -0700

We're experiencing the same thing in Anacortes right now. It's amazing.
Very rare here on the coast to get this kind of a light show.

You're right about the apples, of course, even as they are now getting a
lot of competition from grapes.

I was born in Yakima and lived there as a child. I walked through the
orchards to school, and my family had friends in the fruit business. My
mom taught at a private music school supported through the generosity of
Elon Gilbert, who was himself a big part of the fruit business.

We go over several times every year, mainly to Tieton, which has become
a rather extraordinary art community. My wife just sent off two of her
zone plate images to the upcoming 10x10x10 show. Her grandparents
actually had a thirteen acre orchard there. That was when you could
actually make money with thirteen acres. That is all over now. You'd
need a lot more land than that.

She doesn't use a Leica with a zone plate. Now she's got a modified
Minolta Autocord. I use pinholes on my Leicas sometimes. A zone plate
could be a lot of fun.

The strikes are getting pretty close. Better unplug this thing.

It's the next day now. Just as I wrote the above, the power went out.