Subject: [Leica] TRI-X: RIP
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:50:28 -0400

HP5 never worked with any of my developer/ dilutions or call it my opinion.

Everyone I knew went from the then Tri X to T Max 400 which was not slightly
better but looked like 100 iso film in both grain and sharpness. Especially
with Xtol and I'm sure other developers with ascorbic acid helping.
Ilford as usually quirky pulled ahead with its Delta films and Fuji also put
out some great films though some were not tab grain. Acros was though.
My M6 usually had Neopan 1600 in it.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography