Subject: [Leica] Leica MM and M9 Comparison
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 15:16:18 -0400

Even a silver negative is not color free and actually I think perhaps that
metaphore is more to the point of what Erwin was saying.
It would seem to have little to no practical use if your negative was cool
or warm in your enlarger but fine printers would swear by the printing
abilities of such an aspect.  All that I can remember is that Microdol 1:3
gave you easy to see warm negs and that was supposed to be much of its magic
in the enlarger. Your light sources of course would be key to this equation
but in a cold light head it was probably just what the doctor ordered.

One can not be color blind and be a fine black and white printer. Not in the
1990's. And not now.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Leica MM and M9 Comparison)