Subject: [Leica] D800E pixel-peepers
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:13:25 -0400

Markets aside I strongly believe and I think plenty of others will too that
if you want to take the best picture possible without going up in format of
most subjects, street shooting you name it if money was no option the way to
do it is with a new Leica M with Leica optics.
The end result day or night hand held or tripod will be an image which will
be a notch above what's been seen out there with Canon and Nikon DSLR's.
We now are working with not just super premium optics but an excellent
sensor too. What's left I think that's got it covered all you have to do is
master your workflo.

Leica, when this baby comes out in a month or so and already with the
Monochrom has upped the bar in "35mm" digital photography.
Its good news. The bar has been raised and we were the ones to do it.
I don't give a rats ass about the market.
It would be big man bites dog news if this camera was cheap,
I don't want it to be cheap. I don't want it to cost another hundred bucks
more than a Nikon.
As it stands its not a leap up from an M9.
Its good news folks. Win win.
Its just not left over money from the last paycheck.
Its in the category of finance which takes some planning and serious
finessesing.
It may be more than you or others want to spend on a camera but others wont
think so and start figuring out how they're going to swing it.  Those who
have photography at or near the top of their list of priorities. For me its
not an if but a when. I am bummed  though by these late stories about my
glass all needing to be sent in somewhere for I don't know how much money or
time. That would take some of the glow off my swinging the cash for a body.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography