Subject: [Leica] Bokeh Schmokeh? .
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 02:09:33 -0500

There's a crapload of photo gear reviews written by computer geeks reviewers
who review hard disks and keyboards and it pisses me off as they are out of
their depth giving out stupid mis information which should not get believed
but does. Insulting that a digital camera and what you do with it can be put
in a lump group with computer gear and electronic gadgets.
Pogue is much more into photography than the other guys though.
He wrote a whole book on it.
And I think its clear he can write and make videos intelligently about it.
I think what he said in the video about the Sony RX1 was right on the point.
I agree with him on it. And I think soon we'll see that he was right as it
will be in hindsight.

Thing is all full frame compacts don't have to be premium offerings like
this slightly exotic Sony. When they make models more geared toward the
masses its place in photography will be more clear. And its value
indisputable. To put it mildly people will know that it will be worth it to
spend some extra bucks on full frame and not sweat the MP's (megapixels) on
any size camera they get.

On 2/27/13 10:12 PM, "Tina Manley" <images at comporium.net> wrote:

> And the first thing we don't discuss is the War of Northern
> Aggression.

Tina

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013, Bill Pearce
> <billcpearce at cox.net> wrote:
> As I've said before, Civil War? You lost get
> over it.
>
> And don't even begin to start that state's rights crap. It was
> 100% about
slavery.

> -----Original Message----- From: Tina Manley
> Sent:
> Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:17 PM
> To: Leica Users Group
> Subject: Re:
> [Leica] Bokeh Schmokeh?.
>
> The things we don't discuss around here are
> politics, religion and
> relatives.  Other than that, we get along fine - in
> spite of the fact that
> our nearest neighbor flies a Confederate flag in
> front of his house.
> Ferget?  Hell, no!!
>
> Tina
>
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at
> 6:54 PM, Bill Pearce <billcpearce at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Is your front lawn ever
> defaced by a burning cross?
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Tina
> Manley
>> Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:41 PM
>>
>> To: Leica Users
> Group
>> Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh Schmokeh?.
>>
>> I subscribe to the NYT
> and have it delivered daily to my farm in York,
SC.
>> It is an essential part
> of our lives and I sincerely hope it can hang on
>> in these times of
> newspaper closings and consolidations.  Besides, we use
>> all of that paper
> as mulch in the garden!
>>
>> Tina
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Bill
> Pearce <billcpearce at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>  In his defense, Mr. Pogue is a
> "Tech Writer" for the New York Times,
>>>
>>> either a propaganda and
> misinformation rag if you are a member of the
far
>>> right, or a highly
> respected newspaper, if you ever voted for a
Democrat.
>>> have read
> several of his columns (gust that makes me a liberal) and I
have
>>> found
> them to be generally better written than the one on sensor size,
>>>
> explaining complex things so many can understand. Although I don't care
>>>
> for
>>> this particular effort, where he takes a stand on something that
> really
>>> hasn't been that much of an issue, his reviews are generally
> better
>>> written
>>> than most. Perhaps the fact that as a journalist
> working for such a
>>> prestigious newspaper he is presumed to have at the
> very least graduated
>>> from an accredited institution of higher learning,
> where most
>>> reviewers/bloggers have generally completed fifth grade
> English. His
>>> comments are generally insightful. I guess when you throw as
> much
against
>>> the wall as Pogue, some things will fail to stick.
>>>

> -----Original Message----- From: Geoff Hopkinson
>>> Sent: Wednesday, February
> 27, 2013 2:57 PM
>>> To: Leica Users Group
>>> Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh
> Schmokeh?.
>>>

>>> Mr Pogue is apprently a technology blogger rather than
> a photographer?
But
>>> he has reviewed "hundreds of cameras". He doesn't
> enhance his
>>> qualifications/credibility being "confident" that he is right
> and
quoting

http://leica-users.org/mailm

http://leica-users.org/mailm