Subject: [Leica] Bokeh Schmokeh? .
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:10:23 -0500

Pogue  was a conductor in an orchestra pit before becoming a tech writer.
I like that.
The NYTimes wins more Pulitzer Prizes than all other papers combined times
ten.
"The Times is long regarded within the industry as a national "newspaper of
record"."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspaper_of_record

As far as Pogues video blurb goes on the first compact full frame there was
ample space time devoted to the showing of excellent images which shows the
tiny camera producing honking DSLR results.  Noiseless and sharp.

He put his pixels where his mouth is. That's all I need to know or see.

On 2/27/13 6:08 PM, "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce at cox.net> wrote:

> In his defense, Mr. Pogue is a "Tech Writer" for the New York Times,
> either
> propaganda and misinformation rag if you are a member of the far right, or
> highly respected newspaper, if you ever voted for a Democrat. I have read

several of his columns (gust that makes me a liberal) and I have found them

to be generally better written than the one on sensor size, explaining

complex things so many can understand. Although I don't care for this

particular effort, where he takes a stand on something that really hasn't

been that much of an issue, his reviews are generally better written than

most. Perhaps the fact that as a journalist working for such a prestigious

newspaper he is presumed to have at the very least graduated from an

accredited institution of higher learning, where most reviewers/bloggers

have generally completed fifth grade English. His comments are generally

insightful. I guess when you throw as much against the wall as Pogue, some

things will fail to stick.