Subject: [Leica] Softies for new M (and maybe M-E and Monochrom)
From: hjwulff at gmail.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 20:49:22 -0800

Most of my cable releases work. Cable releases are a variable lot, and there
were always some that worked with one camera and not the other. There's no
spec for these things, only history and eyeballing.

The problem for softies is that they have to fit correctly, not just so-so,
not like cable releases. Therefore the issue. Almost certainly no problem if
you aren't interested in softies. I sometimes use them; often not. They are
nice when I'm shooting a lot and a pain when I keep putting the camera back
in the bag and get a lot of very out of focus pictures of the contents. If
only Leica's focussed closer I might have more interesting photos, if
serendipitously.

Henning