Subject: [Leica] Technical detail--why?
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 22:10:39 +0100

Before going back to the lab or in the field to a similar situation I
just have a short look to my notes to remember what was best. Not only
with a camera or lens, but also if I have a new flash. I could not
imagine testing new studio flashes without making several tests and
taking notes. The same with macro-photography  or reproduction of
difficult subjects like paintings, antiques, jewelry etc. Of course
digital photography makes things easier and you can go faster to a
final if not better result.

If I take notes in the lab or back home from the field, I do it as
soon as  possible. They are usefull later when I look at pictures,
when projecting them on a screen or watching them on a computer
screen. So I can compare results  and make up my mind when there is
something new. All professional photographers I know (but they are
few) work the same way and sometimes compare their results. I guess
amateurs never or seldom do so and prefer endless discussions about
subjects, in fact articles, they have just read somewhere and that
they take for granted.

When a professional photographer reads something new, he has an
attitude of prudence, he first wants to know  what and why, before
accepting (buying) anything. Even with Leica and Hasselblad.

Regards.

Cedric