Subject: [Leica] Re; Accidental photojournalist
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 06:49:50 -0400

It is work! But stock sales make it possible for me do the kind of work I
love and get paid for it. If I had spent the last 30 years teaching school,
I would be an unhappy person today!

Not a born teacher,

Tina

On Thursday, July 4, 2013, Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu> wrote:
> That's a bit my experience with Alamy as well. A few years ago I tried to
upload on a regular basis, and have made a few modest sales, but finally I
concluded that I do not have the time or the inclination to invest the time
and effort required. I still have some photos up but have not added to them
for a long time. Just yesterday I got an e-mail from Alamy in which they
tell me that about 10-15 images contain elements (names of products, I
suppose) that require a release from the owner. Forget it.

> Cheers,
> Nathan
>

> Nathan Wajsman
> Alicante, Spain
> http://www.frozenlight.eu
> http://www.greatpix.eu
>
> YNWA
>

> On Jul 4, 2013, at 4:58 AM, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:
>
>> Isn't the problem with stock photography that you have to go around
>> shooting mundane stuff, to fill out your submissions, and not what you
want
>> to shoot? Secondly, they keep asking me for model clearances if there is
as
>> much as a face in the photographs, which is ridiculous in the extreme.
If I